Expert advice on Ribbon Development and Gap Infill Sites

Policy CTY 8 – Ribbon Development

Our enthusiastic, creative and fully qualified architecture and planning team are passionate about delivering high quality contemporary designs.

We`d love to chat about your Ideas.

Get your free Fact Sheet

Please fill in the form. We will email you our free Fact Sheet packed with advice on building in the countryside.

Permission may be permitted for the development of a small gap site sufficient only to accommodate up to a maximum of two houses within an otherwise substantial and continuously built up frontage and provided this respects the existing development pattern along the frontage in terms of size, scale, siting and plot size and meets other planning and environmental requirements.”

Alan Ritchie – Architecture Director

BSc, B. Arch., ARB, Cert. passivhaus

Top tips on developing within the countryside.

“Our vision is to create striking, practical spaces in which to live, relax and entertain. Maximising the potential for luxury, light, space and energy-savings.”

Avada Admin

Gaining Planning Permission

Planning permission will not be granted for a dwelling which creates or adds to a ribbon of development. The exception is for the development of a small gap site within a continously built up frontage. The definition of a substantial and built up frontage includes a line of 3 or more buildings along a road frontage without accompanying development to the rear.
Avada Admin

The Planning process

Every development is unique, so careful review of policy before you make a planning application can be the difference between success and failure. It is therefore essential that your designers understand the legislation and how to present applications to maximise the potential of being granted approval.

Avada Admin

Why build in the countryside?

For those who want to develop a gap / infill site, there is the undoubted potential to create a unique one-off home, set within a special location.